Thursday 29 December 2011

My Favourite Christmas Prezzie

I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas full of opening presents, being around family and generally stuffing your face full of turkey and yummy food. I know I did!
Anyway, this is going to be a pretty gushy post about my new baby....




Yes, I got a Kindle from my lovely parents! It was such a suprise! Now, I've never been sure if I wanted an e-reader being the beautiful cover and book smell junkie that I am. But when I opened one of my presents to find a Kindle case (my mum wanted me to open that first so she could play a joke on me but it didn't work haha) I'm not ashamed to say I let out a girlish squeal and started shaking the presents I hadn't opened yet until I found it.

And let me tell you, it is true love foreverz. I am obsessed with it. I've already read two books on it and I really don't miss having the feel of paper in my hands. I do occasionally go to turn the page or flip to the cover though!

Now, I'm not giving up 'real' books because I love browsing the shelves of Waterstones and curling up with a dog-eared, tatty copy too much. Plus, I've got to have gorgey covers I love in my hands! But now my room (hopefully) won't be covered in stacks of books anymore and I won't have to lug around a bag of books when I go on holiday (18 this summer, I counted!)

So...what bookish presents did you guys get?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...