Saturday 2 April 2011

Book Review: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter

Goodreads Summary:
The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a fairly typical all-girls school—that is, if every school teaches advanced martial arts in PE, chemistry always consists of the latest in chemical warfare, and everyone breaks CIA codes for extra credit in computer class. So in truth, while the Gallagher Academy might say it's a school for geniuses what they really mean is spies. But what happens when a Gallagher Girl falls for a boy who doesn't have a code name?

Cammie Morgan may be fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways (three of which involve a piece of uncooked spaghetti), but the Gallagher Academy hasn't prepared her for what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, and track him through a mall without him ever being the wiser, but can she have a regular relationship with a regular boy who can never know the truth about her? Cammie may be an elite spy in training, but in her sophomore year, she's doing something riskier than ever—she's falling in love.

My Review:

This book is so much fun! Who hasn't been bored during school and daydreamed about being a spy? Well, at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women the girls don't have to because their lessons are preparing them for life as spies.

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You is a cute, fun, smile-enducing novel that despite being 308 pages long is a quick read. It reminded me a lot of St Trinians with a bit of Princess Diaries thrown in. Nothing too serious but very entertaining and I could definitely imagine seeing this on the big screen.

I really liked Cammie as the main character. She could take down a grown man in seconds but when it came to actually talking to normal boys, she was pretty clueless. Cue the other Gallagher Girls- kick-arse Bex (love her!), slightly geeky and loveable Liz and the new girl in school, boy-expert Macey. I loved reading about the gadgets and I could totally imagine the action scenes in my head. I'm glad Cammie got to experience life outside of being a spy with Josh, and I really hope he is in the next books!

I know I am a late-comer to this series, but I'm definitely going to have fun catching up with the sequels!

Rating: A
Cover: A+

1 comment:

  1. I love this book! I agree, it really is a ton of fun! I really have to get caught up on the rest of the series though! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

    Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...